When it comes right down to it, I can’t think of anything that makes me laugh. There are a few lines from Young Frankenstein that make me laugh. I was thinking earlier that Randy Newman songs make me laugh. Here are some examples. (But don’t get it twisted: I won’t do stand up. I get tired.)
- “Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA? Is that what you’re telling me?”
This one’s funny because Igor didn’t know that the brain was abnormal. I laughed.
- “My grandfather’s work was doodoo! I am not interested in death! The only thing that concerns me is the preservation of life!”
And then he drives a scalpel into his leg. This is straight-up the pinnacle of comedy.
- “Wait Master, it might be dangerous . . . you go, first.”
This one is just unparalleled in hilarity.
Now that we’ve covered the few lines from Young Frankenstein, I’ll let you in on the Randy Newman songs that make me laugh.
- “Short People-” funny because I’m tall
- “Political Science-” funny because of the part about Australia
- “I love L.A.-” funny because I hate L.A.
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me-” Toy Story is a humorous film. No two ways about it.
That about covers it. Besides, of course, Cary Grant… Cary Grant makes me laugh. He’s not really an actor, though, he’s a movie star. But I think that’s a whole other post.
For more information regarding this post, refer to our most recent What We’re Reading at 1AM.